Daily News Release - Monday 12/10/2018
Daily News Release – Monday, December 10, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Harassment Arrests, 1:47 a.m., Saturday, December 9, 2018, 200 block Jackson Street (MT) – Jennifer P. Canestrare, F/47, and Tauheed D. Freeman, M/39, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at their residence. During the altercation, Canestrare threw a metal candle holder at Freeman which glanced off his head and caused a cut, while Freeman shoved, struck, and grabbed Canestrare, causing bruises on her wrists. A citation was filed against each person.
2. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:31 p.m., Saturday, November 10, 2018, Millersville Pike at Bentley Lane (LT) – Alexander A. Delgado, M/22, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a suspended registration plate. Officers searched Delgado’s vehicle which yielded marijuana, baggies, a glass smoking pipe, and a small metal container. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 1:22 a.m., Saturday, December 8, 2018, 700 block Wyncroft Terrace (LT) – Jose A. Rosario-Galarza, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed under the influence of alcohol to the degree that he was observed stumbling in the street and area parking lots. A citation was issued.
4. DUI Arrest, 3:22 a.m., Saturday, December 8, 2018, 100 block Jennings Drive (LT) – Josue Mendez, M/32, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop stemming from a domestic dispute investigation. Mendez exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.148%. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Possession With Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Warrant Arrest, 11:55 p.m., Sunday, December 9, 2018, 1400 block Manheim Pike (MT) – Mariah B. Billett, F/25, of Elizabethtown, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a registration infraction. Billett, a passenger inside the vehicle, was identified and determined to have an active warrant through the Lancaster County Sheriff’s Department for DUI. Billett was taken into custody on the outstanding warrant and during a search incident to arrest was found in possession of seven (7) needles, five (5) wax baggies, two (2) glassine baggies, and one (1) rubber tourniquet. While being transported to the Lancaster County Prison on the outstanding warrant, Billett told the transporting officer she had methamphetamine concealed in her vagina. Seven (7) grams of methamphetamine were later recovered from Billett’s vagina by medical personnel at an area hospital. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. DUI Arrest, 3:06 a.m., Saturday, December 8, 2018, 1000 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Preston M. Chakara, M/24, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a turn signal infraction. Chakara exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.084%. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Criminal Mischief, December 8-9, 2018, Crown Avenue at Pleasure Road (MT) – Unknown person/s spray-painted a ‘STOP’ sign. Total loss: $50.00.
2. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 8:30-10:50 a.m., Sunday, December 9, 2018, 300 block South West End Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s smashed a window of a parked vehicle and stole a wallet and contents. Total loss: $295.50.
3. Theft, November 15-17, 2018, 500 block Kensington Road (LT) – Unknown person/s stole four (4) packages that had been delivered to the lobby of an apartment building. Total loss: $660.83.
4. Forgery, 5:03 p.m., Sunday, December 9, 2018, 1204 Lititz Pike – A-Plus / Sunoco (MT) – An unknown white male passed two (2) counterfeit $10.00 bills. Investigation continues.
5. Theft, 10:08-10:26 a.m., Saturday, December 8, 2018, 1400 block Clearview Avenue (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a package that had been delivered to a front porch. Total loss: $4,000.00.