Daily News Release – Monday, January 11, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Harassment Arrest, 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 1300 block Blue Jay Drive (MT) – Julie Ann Moore, F/21, of Delta, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Moore got into a physical argument with another person. A citation was filed.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 4:57 p.m., Friday, January 8, 2021, 1561 Manheim Pike – Palm Beach Tan (MT) – Victoria C. Reynolds, F/28, of Millersville, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed slurring her speech, staggering around, and eventually passing out due to intoxication. A citation was filed.
3. Furnishing Alcohol to Minor / Underage Drinking Arrest, 1:32 a.m., Friday, January 1, 2021, 1450 Harrisburg Pike – Residence Inn by Marriott (MT) – Dante Shamar Wilson, M/18, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a disturbance inside one of the guest rooms of the hotel. Officers discovered a large party, where persons under the age of 21, and alcoholic beverages were present. Wilson admitted the alcoholic beverages were his, and also admitted to consuming the beverages himself. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 11:25 p.m., Saturday, January 9, 2021, 1699 Oregon Pike – Sheetz (MT) – Brittany Nicole Smith, F/29, of Bainbridge, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a Driving Without Consent investigation. Officers made contact with Smith, who was inside the vehicle in question. Smith was listed as a wanted person, and taken into physical custody on an outstanding warrant. During a search incident to arrest, Smith was found in possession of heroin, small plastic baggies, and a hypodermic needle. Smith was taken to Central Arraignment on the outstanding warrant and a criminal complaint was filed for the above drug offenses.
5. DUI Arrest, 10:20 p.m., Saturday, January 9, 2021, 1300 block Atkins Avenue (LT) – Luis A. Torres-Jimenez, M/43, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a parking/standing infraction. Torres-Jimenez exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages. Torres-Jimenez was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.129%. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 11:31 p.m., Saturday, January 9, 2021, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Nzatunga Habineza, M/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a noise disturbance at his residence. Officers were repeatedly called to Habineza’s residence for a loud party. Officers then ordered the party over and told Habineza to clear out the guests. The loud volume continued, and Habineza was observed pushing and swinging at guests, in an attempt to start a physical fight. He was arrested and taken back to the police station for processing. Once completed, he was released on his own recognizance. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. DUI Arrest, 1:42 a.m., Thursday, January 7, 2021, North President Avenue at Harrisburg Pike (MT) – Matthew N. Damiron, M/28, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an inoperable headlamp. Damiron exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to using medical marijuana prior to driving. He was arrested and refused chemical testing. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Theft, 1:00 a.m., Monday, January 11, 2021, 884 Plaza Boulevard – Park City Diner (MT) – Mohamed Zagalia, M/41, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he stole an Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max, after the owner mistakenly left it at the restaurant. Zagalia, an employee, took the phone, and stored it in a small black bag he kept under the counter. The phone was located after the owner was able to ping it inside the restaurant. Total loss: $1,250.00. Zagalia was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
9. Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer Arrest, 8:34 p.m., Sunday, January 10, 2021, North President Avenue at Marietta Avenue (LT) – Khalil C. Tucker, M/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a brief vehicle pursuit for a red-light infraction. An officer on patrol observed Tucker commit a red-light infraction and attempted to initiate a traffic stop. Tucker failed to pull over and then drove at a high rate of speed to elude the officer. The officer disengaged the pursuit and was able to identify Tucker as the driver using the vehicle’s registration information. In speaking with Tucker later on, he admitted to driving the vehicle and fleeing the officer. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 7:00 to 11:00 a.m., Friday, January 8, 2021, Route 283 West at York Road (MT) – Officers performed a speed enforcement detail along Route 283 West at York Road. During this time period, fourteen (14) vehicles were stopped resulting in ten (10) traffic citations and six (6) written warning for speeding and other Vehicle Code infractions. The highest recorded speed was 78 MPH in this 55 MPH zone.
2. Vehicle Theft, 4:00 to 7:15 a.m., Friday, January 8, 2021, 900 block State Street (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a black 2004 Volvo S40 sedan as it sat parked the area. The vehicle was later recovered in Lancaster City. Total loss: $1,000.00.
3. Robbery, 9:44 a.m., Friday, January 8, 2021, 936 Columbia Avenue – Turkey Hill (LT) – An unknown black male approached the store clerk as she was walking to her vehicle in the parking lot. The male grabbed the store’s deposit bag from the clerk and fled on foot, with an undisclosed amount of money. Officers, including a K9, checked the area, but were unable to locate the male suspect. Investigation continues.
4. Access Device Fraud, January 4 to 7, 2021, 400 block Alden Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s debit/credit cards after she discovered her wallet was missing. The cards were used to make a series of fraudulent purchases, which exceeded $3,000.00. Investigation continues.
5. Theft From Motor Vehicle, January 7 to 8, 2021, 900 block State Street (MT) – Unknown person/s entered a vehicle as it sat parked overnight. No items taken.
6. Theft By Deception, 7:09 p.m., Wednesday, December 30, 2020, 200 block Pleasure Road (MT) – The victim sent unknown person/s $85.00 to purchase a Playstation account. The transaction was later determined to be a scam.
7. Theft From Motor Vehicle, January 8 to 9, 2021, 1200 block Atkins Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle which sat parked overnight. No items taken.
8. Vehicle Theft, January 9 to 10, 2021, West Liberty Street (MT) – Unknown person/s stole an orange 2020 Zhejiang Orion motorcycle as it sat parked to the rear of a residence. Total value of loss is unknown.