Daily News Release - Mon 1/13/2020
Daily News Release – Monday, January 13, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Arson / Criminal Mischief Arrest, 10:41 a.m., Friday, January 10, 2020, 900 block Clark Street (LT) – A 14-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after they intentionally started a fire in a shrub. The fire then spread to a nearby fence causing $50.00 in damage. No persons were injured. Two (2) citations were filed.
2. Soliciting Arrest, 4:00 p.m., Sunday, January 12, 2020, Fruitville Pike at Chester Road (MT) – Elam S. King, M/68, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he was observed soliciting money from passing motorists. A citation was issued.
3. Criminal Trespass Arrest, 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., Monday, January 6, 2020, 900 block North Queen Street (MT) – Cherokee Vonte Arce, F/33, of Landisville, PA, was charged with the above offense after she entered a boarding room rented by another person without permission. A citation was filed.
4. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 12:19 p.m., Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 2351 Oregon Pike – China’s Best (MT) – Robert C. Shenk, III, M/34, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he displayed signs of being under the influence of an alcoholic beverage, appeared in a public place, and annoyed persons in the area. A citation was filed.
5. Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 3:23 p.m., Thursday, December 5, 2019, 1400 block Pleasure Road (MT) – Harry W. Turen, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he blocked another person’s driveway with his vehicle, exited, and urinated on the side of the property, knowing that the victim could see him. The victim did not see Turen’s genitals. A citation was filed.
6. DUI Arrest, 9:28 p.m., Tuesday, December 3, 2019, Grandview Boulevard at Pleasure Road (MT) – Danin A. Burnsides, M/45, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an expired registration plate. Burnsides exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded the presence of THC in his blood sample. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. DUI Arrest, 7:44 p.m., Monday, December 2, 2019, 1400 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Mary S. Gesualdi, F/65, of Mount Joy, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Gesualdi exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to the crash. A blood sample was obtained from Gesualdi. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.272%. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Theft Arrest, 11:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 25, 2019, 700 block Wallingford Road (MT) – Thomas John Sposito, III, M/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he stole $112.00 worth of prescription medication from his roommate. A criminal complaint was filed.
9. Terroristic Threats / Criminal Mischief / Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 2:48 p.m., Wednesday, December 18, 2019, North Conestoga Drive (LT) – Michele M. Ulearey, F/30, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a disturbance at a residence. During the altercation, Ulearey threw various items at the victim’s residence, causing $2,670.50 worth of damage to the property. Ulearey also made verbal threats to the victim stating that she would “kill” them or “shoot them.” Ulearey’s actions occurred in a public place which alarmed other people in the area. A criminal complaint was filed.
10. Aggravated Assault / Resisting Arrest / Simple Assault / Harassment Arrest, 2:35 a.m., Thursday, January 12, 2020, 1000 block Grofftown Road (LT) – Raneldo Recardo Holder, M/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Holder grabbed the victim by the throat and pushed her to the ground, causing her to strike her head and sustain an injury. The injury required medical treatment performed at an area hospital. Officers informed Holder that he was under arrest and he ignored them and attempted to walk away. Officers grabbed onto Holder and he forcefully pulled away from them. An officer deployed a Taser at Holder but it had no effect on him. The officers then began to physically struggle with Holder to effect an arrest. During the struggle, Holder punched one of the officers in the side of the head. After a brief period of time, Holder was taken into physical custody without further incident or injury. He was processed and taken to Central Arraignment.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Burglary, 3:15 to 4:00 p.m., Saturday, January 11, 2020, Lewiston Circle (MT) – Unknown person/s pried open a window and forced entry into a residence. Once inside, cash and a backpack were taken.
2. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 12:49 to 4:00 p.m., Saturday, January 11, 2020, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Officers performed a traffic enforcement detail targeting child car seat violations. A total of fourteen (14) vehicles were stopped resulting in six (6) citations and nine (9) written warnings. All car seat infractions or issues were corrected on scene and the drivers instructed on the proper use and installation of them.