Daily News Release - Friday 8/16/2019
Daily News Release – Friday, August 16, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. DUI Arrest, 7:16 a.m., Sunday, July 14, 2019, Route 30 East at New Holland Pike (MT) – Kevin Omar Matos, Jr., M/18, of Marietta, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Matos, Jr. was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Chemical testing showed that Matos, Jr. was under the influence of THC at the time of the crash. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Escape / Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 3:40 a.m., Monday, August 12, 2019, Davis Drive at Atkins Avenue (LT) – Leqwon Jyrell Shelley, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a lawful detention by police for a suspected controlled substance (drug) violation. Officers observed marijuana in plain view inside Shelley’s vehicle. During the detention, Shelley was told that he was being detained by police and was not free to leave. Shelley ran from police but was captured after a short foot chase. He was arrested, processed, and released pending a summons. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Firearms Violation – Discharge of Firearm into Occupied Structure Arrest, 9:20 p.m., Friday, August 15, 2019, Kreider Avenue (MT) – Ross D. Campanella, M/21, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he fired a hunting rifle seven (7) times on farmland near this location. Ross was engaged in deer culling pursuant to a PA Game Commission crop damage hunting permit at the time. One (1) of the fired bullets struck the sunroom of a residence, which was occupied by the homeowners at the time; no persons were struck or injured. Ross admitted to police that it was dark, he could not exactly see what he was shooting at, and was oriented in the direction of occupied houses nearby. Ross was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft, 3:00 p.m., Thursday, August 15, 2019, 500 Airport Road – Lancaster Airport (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a wallet, which was left on top of a duffle bag, while the owner was unloading a rental car at the airport. Total loss: $35.00.
2. Access Device Fraud, August 12 to 15, 2019, 2600 block Stagecoach Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s credit card to make $1,769.91 worth of fraudulent purchases. Investigation continues.
3. Death Investigation, 11:50 a.m., Thursday, August 15, 2019, Conestoga River at North Conestoga Drive and East King Street (LT) – A male was found deceased along the western bank of the Conestoga River. The Lancaster County Coroner’s Office responded to the incident and retained jurisdiction of the male’s body. Investigation continues.