Daily News Release - Friday 8/10/2018
Daily News Release – Friday, August 10, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Retail Theft Arrest, 3:21 p.m., Monday, July 30, 2018, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Yusleydy Aguilera-Ponce, F/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed attempting to steal $194.31 worth of merchandise from the store. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer / Accidents Involving Death or Personal Injury While Not Properly Licensed Arrest, 11:28 p.m., Thursday, August 2, 2018, Route 222 North at Butter Road (MT) – Brandon Robert Kellander, M/25, of York, PA, was charged with the above offense following an observed traffic violation. An officer on patrol saw Kellander’s vehicle exiting Route 222 onto Butter Road and discovered that his registration was suspended. When the officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop, Kellander accelerated his vehicle and fled from the officer; the officer did not pursue. Kellander travelled north on Butter Road where he ultimately lost control, struck a utility pole, and caused it and wires to fall down. The wires that had fallen caused another vehicle travelling in the opposite direction to travel up the wires, causing the vehicle to go partially airborne. Kellander was taken to an area hospital with serious injuries. It was later determined that Kellander’s driver’s license was suspended at the time of this incident. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. DUI Arrest, 4:38 p.m., Thursday, August 9, 2018, 1600 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Jeb Stewart Wagner, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop. Wagner exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.148%. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft, 10:00 a.m., Thursday, August 9, 2018, 400 block Salem Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a window air conditioning unit from a residence. Total loss: $150.00.
2. Criminal Mischief, August 8-9, 2018, 900 block North Queen Street (MT) – Unknown person/s scratched the side of a car as it sat parked overnight. Total loss: $200.00.