Daily News Release - Friday 6/28/2019
Daily News Release – Friday, June 28, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. DUI Arrest, 9:16 p.m., Wednesday, June 26, 2019, Elm Avenue at South West End Avenue (LT) – Thomas E. Ziegler, M/77, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for a stop sign infraction. Ziegler exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages. Ziegler was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.113%.
2. Harassment Arrest, 12:26 p.m., Thursday, June 27, 2019, 1700 block Wabank Road (LT) – Eric Rivera, M/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he shoved another person during an altercation. A citation was filed.
3. Criminal Trespass Arrest, 7:42 p.m., Saturday, June 22, 2019, 1805 Millersville Road – Mill Creek Manor Townhouses (LT) – Deondre Jalin Young, M/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed inside the fenced in and secured swimming pool area. When officers located Young, they ordered him to leave and he refused. Young was arrested, processed, and released from custody. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Retail Theft Arrests, 11:05 a.m., Thursday, June 27, 2019, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – Antoine Lamar Worthy, M/31, and Courtney Lynn Hollinger, F/29, both of Denver, PA, were charged with the above offense after they were observed stealing merchandise from the store. Worthy stole $43.98 worth of merchandise and Hollinger stole $39.61 worth of merchandise. Both were arrested and taken to the police station for processing. Hollinger was issued a citation and released as this was her first offense for Retail Theft. Worthy was taken before Magisterial District Judge David P. Miller who set bail at $10,000.00 cash, which he could not post. Worthy was remanded to Lancaster County Prison.
5. Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer Arrest, 6:15 a.m., Saturday, June 22, 2019, Route 30 East at New Holland Pike (MT) – Raouth F. Kendes, F/22, of Mountville, PA, was charged with the above offense following an attempted traffic stop for speeding. An officer on patrol clocked Kendes traveling 118.3 MPH in a 55 MPH zone and initiated a traffic stop. Kendes looked at the officer in her rear-view mirror and came to a full stop in the left lane of the highway. The officer instructed Kendes to leave the travel lane and move to the side of the roadway. Kendes moved to the right lane, accelerated, and drove away from the traffic stop. The officer engaged in a pursuit at speeds of 70 MPH, but discontinued once Kendes left the jurisdiction. The vehicle was later located in East Lampeter Township and stopped without further incident. Kendes was arrested, processed, and released from custody. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft, May 23 to June 27, 2019, 910 New Holland Avenue – Grandview Apartments (MT) – Unknown person/s stole $250.00 in quarters from the clothes washing and drying machines located in the complex.
2. Retail Theft, 3:54 p.m., Thursday, June 27, 2019, 1587 Fruitville Pike – Dick’s Sporting Goods (MT) – An unknown Hispanic male stole $65.00 worth of merchandise from the store. Investigation continues.
3. Theft By Deception, June 20 to 27, 2019, Center Drive (MT) – The victim sent $18,000.00 in cash to an unknown male after he claimed she owed him money for fixing her Microsoft account. Investigation continues.