Daily News Release - Friday 6/21/2019
Daily News Release – Friday, June 21, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 6:05 p.m., Saturday, June 15, 2019, 3205 Lititz Pike – Sheetz (MT) – Michael A. Grate, M/38, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offenses following an opioid overdose in the bathroom of the store. Grate was found in possession of small plastic baggies, a spoon, and a cotton ball – items all used to store, contain, and introduce controlled substances into the human body. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Possession of Cocaine / Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 10:13 p.m., Sunday, June 16, 2019, 1300 block Wabank Road (LT) – Joseph Negron-Medina, M/30, of Ephrata, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for an inoperable brake lamp. Officers searched Negron-Medina’s vehicle which yielded cocaine and marijuana. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Possession of Marijuana Arrest, 4:06 p.m., Wednesday, June 19, 2019, Schoolhouse Road at Millersville Pike (LT) – Janai S. Alston, F/39, of Landisville, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for suspected drug use. An officer on patrol observed Alston attempting to ignite a marijuana cigarette while both were sitting at a red light. Officers searched Alston’s vehicle which yielded marijuana. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, June 19 to 20, 2019, Tartan Court (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole jewelry. Total loss: $1,250.00.
2. Theft From Motor Vehicle, June 19 to 20, 2019, Heatherton Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a wallet, a wedding band, and a backpack. Total loss: $683.50.
3. Theft, 2:00 to 9:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 19, 2019, Jackson Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s stole seven (7) solar lights from a residential property. Total loss: $100.00.
4. Access Device Fraud, 1:45 p.m., Wednesday, June 19, 2019, 862 Plaza Boulevard – Dollar Tree (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a purse and contents while the victim shopped in the store. Credit cards in the purse were later used to make $3,315.91 worth of fraudulent purchases. Investigation continues.
5. Theft, 1:00 p.m., Thursday, June 20, 2019, 100 block Cobblestone Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a blue/white NEXT bicycle from the back porch of a residence. Total loss: $100.00.
6. Retail Theft, 3:49 p.m., Thursday, June 20, 2019, 1605 Lititz Pike – Giant Food Store (MT) – An unknown male and unknown female entered the Giant Food Store and stole $54.65 worth of merchandise. Investigation continues.
7. Theft, 3:10 p.m., Thursday, June 20, 2019, 2323 Oregon Pike – Universal Athletic Club (MT) – Unknown person/s stole $200.00 in cash and credit cards from an unlocked locker. Investigation continues.
8. Theft, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m., Thursday, June 20, 2019, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a portable Bluetooth speaker valued at $30.00.