Daily News Release - Friday 4/12/2019
Daily News Release – Friday, April 12, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 3:19 p.m., Thursday, March 28, 2019, 1000 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Richard Jemel Rodney, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a window tint violation. Officers searched Rodney’s vehicle which yielded marijuana, a metal grinder, a digital scale, rolling papers, and a vape pen. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Criminal Trespass Arrest, 8:34 p.m., Thursday, April 11, 2019, 300 block Cobblestone Lane (MT) – Edward C. Andrews, M/55, of Manheim, PA, was charged with the above offense after he refused to leave a residence where he was staying as a guest. The property owner and police ordered Andrews to leave and he refused. He was arrested, processed, and released. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. DUI Arrest, 2:08 a.m., Sunday, April 7, 2019, 1800 block Eden Road (MT) – William H. Brown, Jr., M/52, of Gordonville, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Brown, Jr. was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Brown, Jr. also admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages. He was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.183%.
4. Retail Theft Arrests, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Jose Alberto Negron, M/34, homeless, was charged with two (2) counts of Retail Theft following two (2) instances of shoplifting.
- At 5:56 p.m., Sunday, December 2, 2018, Negron stole two (2) computers and men’s clothing from the store. Total loss: $809.92.
- At 4:34 p.m., Friday, February 1, 2019, Negron stole one (1) computer and men’s clothing from the store. Total loss: $445.87.
A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Negron remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Negron should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
5. Theft Arrest, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 26, 2019, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Rygo Alexander Kingsley, M/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he stole a video game console from a bedroom. Kingsley admitted to the theft and returned the property when confronted. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Robbery / Disorderly Conduct Arrests, 3:40 p.m., Saturday, March 23, 2019, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Cierra Shacora Sabb, F/19, of Elizabethtown, PA, entered the store with Torin Jackson-Bailey, M/22, of Lancaster, PA, and approached Quadel Elis Brown, M/20, of Lancaster, and a female. Sabb indicated that Brown owed another person money. Sabb then grabbed a wallet from the female and removed $78.00 in cash from the wallet. Sabb then engaged in a physical fight with female, which caused minor facial injuries to the female victim. Jackson-Bailey and Brown engaged in a physical fight with each other. Sabb and Jackson-Bailey then fled the area.
- Jackson-Bailey and Brown were charged with Disorderly Conduct. A citation was filed against each party.
- A criminal complaint was filed against Sabb for Robbery and Disorderly Conduct, and an arrest warrant was obtained. Sabb remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Sabb should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
7. Recklessly Endangering Another Person Arrests, 3:20 p.m., Sunday, April 7, 2019, East Walnut Street near Pleasure Road (MT) – Christina Sirgenson, F/36, and Juan Jesus Montero, M/27, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Sirgenson was operating a vehicle which was travelling eastbound. Alongside Sirgenson was Montero, who was operating a motorcycle. Witnesses reported seeing Sirgenson and Montero arguing while they were driving. Montero threw an item at Sirgenson’s vehicle. Immediately following this, Sirgenson swerved her vehicle into Montero’s vehicle, causing him to lose control and strike a concrete barrier. The force of this impact caused Montero to be thrown from the motorcycle, over the concrete barrier, and down near the Conestoga River. Montero sustained major, non-life-threatening injuries, which required hospitalization. A criminal complaint was filed against both parties.
- Sirgenson surrendered to police on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 and was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge David P. Miller. Bail was set at $5,000.00 unsecured and she was released. Sirgenson is awaiting her preliminary hearing.
- Montero surrendered to police on Friday, April 12, 2019 and was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge David P. Miller. Bail was set at $5,000.00 unsecured and he was released. Montero is awaiting his preliminary hearing.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Traffic Enforcement Details (MT) – Officers performed selective traffic enforcement details in Manheim Township as part of the PA Aggressive Driving Campaign. Officers targeted locations which statistically experience a high volume of crashes.
- 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 10, 2019 = During this detail, twenty-one (21) motorists were stopped resulting in twenty (20) citations and one (1) written warning. Violations targeted aggressive driving to include speeding, stop sign violations, hearing impairment devices, and unsafe lane changes.
- 2:00 to 6:00 p.m., Thursday, April 11, 2019 = During this detail, sixteen (16) motorists were stopped resulting in fifteen (15) citations and two (2) written warnings. Violations targeted aggressive driving to include speeding, stop sign violations, texting while driving, tailgating, illegal passing, and unsafe lane changes.
2. Access Device Fraud, April 8-9, 2019, 900 block South Prince Street (LT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s credit card and made a series of unauthorized transactions.
3. Theft, 9:52 a.m. to 2:24 p.m., Monday, April 8, 2019, 300 block Blossom Hill Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a mountain bike and helmet from the driveway of a residence. Total loss: $1,119.00.
4. Access Device Fraud, April 5-8, 2019, 1300 block Orchard Street (MT) – Unknown person/s accessed the victim’s credit/debit card and made three (3) unauthorized transactions. Total loss: $241.40.
5. Criminal Mischief, 8:00 to 11:30 a.m., Thursday, April 11, 2019, Knollwood Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s intentionally scratched a vehicle which sat parked. Total loss: $100.00.
6. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 3:00 p.m., Thursday, April 11, 2019, 200 block Granite Run Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a backpack and purse. Total loss: $2,364.00.
7. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 3:15 to 3:50 p.m., Thursday, April 11, 2019, 2323 Oregon Pike – Universal Athletic Club (MT) – Unknown person/s smashed a rear window to gain entry into a parked vehicle. A purse and jacket were taken. Total loss: $1,320.00.