Daily News Release – Friday, March 27, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Scattering Rubbish (Littering) Arrest, 9:22 p.m., Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 1800 block Timber Point Lane (LT) – Justin Castaneda, M/22, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed throwing trash onto the roadway while he was inside a vehicle. A citation was issued.
2. Retail Theft Arrest, 10:59 a.m., Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Ashly Candice Bevan, F/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $15.98 worth of merchandise from the store. She was arrested, processed, and arraigned before MDJ Witkonis, who set bail at $10,000.00. Bevan was remanded to Lancaster County Prison.
3. Strangulation / Recklessly Endangering Another Person / Simple Assault / Aggravated Assault Arrests, 2800 block Weaver Road (MT) – Alexander Richard DiPaolo, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following two (2) separate domestic disputes at his residence.
- 6:00 to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 24, 2020, DiPaolo attacked his girlfriend inside their residence and struck her in the face with a broom handle. The strike knocked the victim to the ground. The police were not contacted following this incident.
- 8:50 p.m., Wednesday, March 25, 2020, DiPaolo again attacked his girlfriend inside their residence. DiPaolo pulled her by her hair, causing her to strike her head on various surfaces inside the home. DiPaolo then strangled the victim by kneeling on her chest and placing his hands around her neck to block off her airways and blood circulation. The victim reported to “play dead” in order for the attack to stop. Officers observed numerous injuries to her face. DiPaolo was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
1. Disorderly Conduct / Harassment, 9:39 a.m., Thursday, March 26, 2020, 1100 block East Oregon Road (MT) – An unknown male driving a silver Subaru Outback nearly struck a bicyclist in the area. The male stopped his vehicle, yelled obscenities at the cyclist, grabbed the handlebars, and pushed the bicycle, causing the rider to dismount. The male driver then fled the area.