Daily News Release - Friday 2/8/2019
Daily News Release – Friday, February 08, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Harassment Arrest, 9:18 p.m., Thursday, February 7, 2019, 300 block Greenview Drive (MT) – Marie E. Vanhook, F/54, and Thomas L. Clinkscales, M/55, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at their residence. During the altercation, Vanhook punched Clinkscales in the face and Clinkscales pushed Vanhook to the floor. A citation was filed against each party.
2. Criminal Mischief Arrests, 4:00 p.m., Sunday, August 26, 2018, 1000 block North Plum Street (MT) – Two (2) 11-year-old juveniles from Lancaster, PA were charged with the above offense after they smashed out numerous windows of a business. Total loss: $2,754.28. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation against each party.
3. Harassment Arrest, 5:54 p.m., Thursday, February 7, 2019, 600 block Janet Avenue (MT) – A 15-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute at their residence. During the altercation, the juvenile threw a glass jar at the victim. A citation was filed.
4. Shoplifting Incident Arrests, 9:15 p.m., Thursday, February 7, 2019, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – A 13-year-old juvenile and a 16-year-old juvenile, both of East Petersburg, PA, worked together to enter the store, take possession of a BB gun, pellets, and CO2 cartridges, and enter the bathroom. When inside the bathroom, both opened the packaging of these items in an attempt to steal them. Total loss: $81.71. A citation for Retail Theft was issued to the 16-year-old. A citation for Retail Theft and Sale and Use of Air Rifles was issued to the 13-year-old. Both juveniles were released to an adult.
5. Disturbance Incident Arrests, 10:14 p.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 900 block Sterling Place (LT) – Officers were dispatched to the residence for a disturbance. Upon arrival, they determined that Raymond Franqui, Jr., M/28, of Lancaster, PA, came to this residence intoxicated. Franqui, Jr. was observed yelling, pounding on the front door of the residence, and using obscene language. Bonita Joy Dones, F/30, of Lancaster, PA, and the resident of the home, punched Franqui, Jr. in the face. A citation for Public Drunkenness and Disorderly Conduct was filed against Franqui, Jr. and a citation for Harassment was filed against Dones.
6. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 3:06 p.m., Saturday, February 2, 2019, 1000 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Luis Torres-Rivera, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an expired registration plate. Officers searched Torres-Rivera’s vehicle which yielded a glass smoking device. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. DUI Arrest, 1:02 a.m., Saturday, February 2, 2019, New Danville Pike at Fairview Avenue (LT) – Laurel Elizabeth Heinley, F/29, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Heinley was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Heinley was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.233%. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, February 6-7, 2019, Spencer Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s smashed a window of a vehicle parked overnight and stole $2,090.00 worth of skiing and climbing equipment. Investigation continues.
2. Theft, 3:30-6:30 p.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 124 West Airport Road – Keystone Pretzel Company (MT) – Unknown person/s stole an employee’s jacket from the break room. The victim’s wallet and contents were also housed inside the jacket. Total loss: $262.00.
3. Theft By Deception, 11:01 a.m., Thursday, February 7, 2019, 1950 Fruitville Pike – Starbucks (MT) – Unknown person/s used the victim’s stolen Starbucks gold card to make two (2) purchases totaling $120.94. Investigation continues.