Daily News Release - Friday 1/4/2019
Daily News Release – Friday, January 04, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 12:22 a.m., Friday, January 4, 2019, 1400 block Harrisburg Pike (MT) – Jarrett Colton Dreese, M/21, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for suspicious activity. Officers searched the vehicle where Dreese was a passenger, which yielded marijuana, a plastic baggie, and a smoking device. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 8:39 p.m., Thursday, January 3, 2019, 938 Columbia Avenue – Dominion Pizza (LT) – Joseph D. Jaskowiak, M/32, of Frankfort, OH, was charged with the above offense after he was observed heavily intoxicated in the parking lot of the restaurant. A citation was issued.
3. Harassment Arrest, 10:19 p.m., Saturday, December 8, 2018, 300 block Elmshire Drive (LT) – Phillip R. Havrilla, M/35, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he smacked another person in the head and grabbed their wrist causing a minor scratch. A citation was filed.
4. Retail Theft Arrest, 4:26 p.m., Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 1575 Fruitville Pike – Ulta Beauty (MT) – Christopher Ryan Tone, M/34, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing $150.00 worth of merchandise from the store. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Retail Theft Arrest, 1643 Manheim Pike – Weis Markets (MT) – Kim Alexander Burgess, Jr., M/38, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following three (3) separate shoplifting incidents.
- At 10:41 a.m., Wednesday, September 12, 2018, Burgess, Jr. stole $479.76 worth of energy drinks.
- At 1:39 p.m., Friday, September 21, 2018, Burgess, Jr. stole $381.81 worth of energy drinks.
- At 10:37 a.m., Sunday, October 7, 2018, Burgess, Jr. stole $219.90 worth of energy drinks.
A criminal complaint was filed.
6. DUI Arrest, 8:12 p.m., Thursday, January 3, 2019, North President Avenue at Buchanan Avenue (LT) – Gin Mun Mang, M/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Mang exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.250%. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. DUI Arrest, 3:59 p.m., Thursday, January 3, 2019, Fruitville Pike at Bent Creek Drive (MT) – Richard Neil Singley, M/85, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Singley was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Singley was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.135%. A criminal complaint was filed.
8. Burglary / Theft / Persons Not to Possess Firearms Arrest, Wednesday, December 26, 2018, 900 block Shreiner Avenue (MT) – Brian Charles Conrad, Jr., M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he forced entry into a residence sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. While inside, Conrad, Jr. stole a handgun, wristwatch, and video gaming console, which totaled $1,299.00. When questioned by police, Conrad, Jr. admitted to going into the residence and stealing the wristwatch and video gaming console, but denied stealing the firearm. A criminal complaint was filed as Conrad, Jr. was already incarcerated on unrelated charges.
9. Theft By Deception Arrest, April to September 2017, 1700 block Crooked Oak Drive (MT) – James Ernest Stewart, Jr., M/45, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he opened four (4) automobile loans from two (2) different credit unions to sell cars that he never had possession of. Stewart deposited the loan money into his bank account and defaulted on the loans leaving the credit unions with a loss totaling $154,826.45. A criminal complaint was filed and Stewart was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge David P. Miller on January 4, 2019. Bail was set at $25,000.00 unsecured and Stewart was released pending his preliminary hearing.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft From Motor Vehicle, January 2-3, 2019, 2600 block Northfield Drive (EP) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole sunglasses. Total loss: $200.00.
2. Theft, December 29, 2018 to January 3, 2019, 3000 block Aster Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a set of keys accidentally left in a doorknob. Total loss: $60.00.