Daily News Release - Friday 1/18/2019
Daily News Release – Friday, January 18, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 8:01 p.m., Thursday, January 10, 2019, 936 Columbia Avenue – Turkey Hill (LT) – Zachary J. Wible, M/26, homeless, was charged with the above offense after he was observed causing a disturbance inside the store, while under the influence of a controlled substance. A citation was issued.
2. Dog Law Violation Arrest, 4:29 p.m., Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 100 block Woodside Road (MT) – Craig M. Williams, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he permitted his dogs to run at large. Williams had previously been warned for the same offense. A citation was filed.
3. Retail Theft Arrest, 7:20 p.m., Saturday, January 5, 2019, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Fernando Cruz Doitteau, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed stealing two (2) bags of frozen shrimp, valued at $69.90. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Doitteau remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Doitteau should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
4. Forgery / Theft Arrest, November 19-20, 2018, 394 East Roseville Road – Kids Cowboy Dentistry (MT) – Joseph Anthony Selkirk, M/26, no known address, was charged with the above offense after he stole three (3) letters containing checks from the mailbox of the business. Selkirk then altered the amounts on the three (3) checks, by increasing the amounts. Selkirk then cashed all three (3) stolen, altered checks using his mobile deposit banking application. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Selkirk remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Selkirk should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
5. Megan’s Law Violation – Failure to Comply With Registration Requirements Arrest, 12:01 a.m., Friday, December 21, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Ralph Eugene Smith, M/56, homeless, is a lifetime Megan’s Law offender for a conviction of Aggravated Indecent Assault. Smith had registered himself as transient, with the Pennsylvania State Police. Smith is required to verify/update his current address every thirty (30) days. Smith last updated his registration, as residing at Walmart, on November 20, 2018. Smith never re-registered and his whereabouts are unknown. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Smith should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
6. Possession With Intent to Deliver Marijuana / Possession With Intent to Deliver LSD / Possession With Intent to Deliver Cocaine / Possession With Intent to Deliver THC Oil / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Prohibited Offensive Weapons / Underage Drinking Arrest, 1:52 p.m., Thursday, January 17, 2019, Honeysuckle Lane at Millersville Road (LT) – Sawyer Christian Smith, M/19, of Hummelstown, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Officers searched Smith’s vehicle which yielded the following:
- 542.5g (equal to just over 1 pound) of marijuana
- 85 doses of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD)
- 5.1g of Cocaine
- 9 vials of THC oil
- 2 digital scales
- 2 boxes of clear sandwich baggies
- 2 vacuum seal bags
- 1 homemade smoking device
- 2 vape pens
- 1 pair of metal knuckles
- 1 opened bottle of vodka
Smith was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment. On January 18, 2019, Smith was arraigned before Magisterial District Judge Stuart J. Mylin who set bail at $50,000.00, which Smith could not post. He was remanded to Lancaster County Prison to await his preliminary hearing.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft By Deception, 1:28 p.m., Monday, January 14, 2019, 1900 block Glendower Drive (MT) – The victim wired rent/security deposit money to an unknown source believing it to be the property owner. This later turned out to be untrue. Total loss: $2,445.00. Investigation continues.
2. Theft, January 11-12, 2019, 1300 Lititz Pike – LA Fitness (MT) – A gym member accidentally left his wallet inside of a locker at the gym. When the member returned the following morning, he found that $210.00 had been taken from the wallet. He also discovered several fraudulent purchases on his debit card account. Investigation continues.
3. Criminal Mischief, December 20-24, 2018, 100 block Canterbury Turn (MT) – Unknown person/s smashed a window of a residence during the overnight hours. Total loss: $500.00.
4. Theft From Motor Vehicle, January 15-16, 2019, 1000 block Wheatland Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered a vehicle and stole a pistol. Unknown loss. Investigation continues.