Daily News Release – Friday, November 22, 2019
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Institutional Vandalism / Criminal Trespass Arrest, 4:40 p.m., Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 6051 Pine Street – East Petersburg Community Park (EP) – A 15-year-old juvenile was charged with the above offenses after the entered the amphitheater at the park, passing “No Trespassing” signs. The juvenile then took down and bent one of the signs, causing $50.00 in damage. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
2. Strangulation / Simple Assault Arrest, 6:00 p.m., Thursday, November 21, 2019, 100 block Manheim Avenue (MT) – Eric Maurice Whittington, M/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at his residence. During the altercation, Whittington choked the victim, impeding air and blood circulation, and causing injury to the victim’s neck. Whittington was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
3. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 10:48 p.m., Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 1900 block Millersville Road (LT) – Hector Luis Ortiz-Ramos, M/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for suspected drug use. An officer on routine patrol smelled burning marijuana coming from Ortiz-Ramos’ vehicle. The officer searched the vehicle which yielded marijuana, a metal grinder, a smoking pipe, rolling papers, and marijuana blunts. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Theft By Deception, November 18 to 20, 2019, 1000 block Marietta Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s contacted the victim and claimed to be from Secret Shopper. The victim received a check and were instructed to send back part of the payment. The victim lost $3,420.00 after doing so.
2. Retail Theft, 3:00 p.m., Saturday, November 16, 2019, 1292 Millersville Pike – Guitar Center (LT) – Unknown person/s stole two (2) guitars from the store. Total loss: $1,649.98.