Daily News Release – Friday, October 30, 2020
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Noise Violation Arrest, 1:12 a.m., Sunday, October 25, 2020, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Hanoi Reyes-Borroto, M/46, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he hosted a loud party at his residence. Reyes-Borroto had previously been warned for the same offense. A citation was filed.
2. DUI / Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 3:51 a.m., Thursday, August 20, 2020, Pintail Turn (MT) – A 17-year-old juvenile from Manheim, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a driver’s license infraction. Officers searched the juvenile's vehicle which yielded marijuana, a smoking device, a marijuana grinder, and numerous bags and storage containers. The juvenile also exhibited signs of impairment. She was arrested on suspicion of DUI and a juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
3. Theft of Services Arrest, May 27 to 28, 2020, 1431 Manheim Pike – National Tire & Battery (MT) – Troy Michael David Kirk, M/29, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense after he performed five (5) fraudulent PA state inspection emissions tests on vehicles that were not at the place of business. Kirk, an employee of the business at the time of the offenses, took emissions stickers and put them onto the vehicles, which benefitted both he and the vehicle owners. Each inspection costs $39.99, with the cost of the emission sticker being part of the total cost. Total loss: $199.95. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Harassment Arrest, 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 884 Plaza Boulevard – Park City Diner (MT) – Ibrahim M. El-Dessouky, M/47, of Etters, PA, was charged with the above offense after he pushed a car door against another person’s arm, causing a bruise. A citation was filed.
5. DUI Arrest, 2:54 p.m., Sunday, September 27, 2020, 900 block East King Street (LT) – Robert C. Fontes, M/56, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Fontes was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. Fontes also admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to the crash. Fontes was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.130%, as well as the presence of Xanax, Zoloft, Desmethylsertraline, and Buprenex. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Simple Assault / Harassment Arrest, 11:18 p.m., Tuesday, October 29, 2020, 800 block Pleasure Road (MT) – Omar L. Smith, M/42, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Smith punched the victim in the face, causing pronounced bruising and swelling to their right eye. Smith also pushed the victim, struck them in the back of their head with his palm, and pulled the victim’s hair. Smith fled the area prior to police arrival. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Smith remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Smith should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
1. Retail Theft, 7:06 p.m., Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 936 Columbia Avenue – Turkey Hill (LT) – An unknown white male took a display case containing fifty (50) phone charging cables. Total loss: $688.47.
2. Theft By Deception, 3:35 to 5:30 p.m., Thursday, October 29, 2020, 300 block Dickens Drive (LT) – An unknown male purported to be from the Officer of the Inspector General’s office and told the victim they had an active warrant. The caller demanded monetary payment from the victim, who then paid for an eBay gift card, and provided the card number to the caller. Total loss: $160.00.