Daily News Release – Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. DUI Arrest, 12:31 a.m., Saturday, September 18, 2021, North President Avenue at Columbia Avenue (LT) – Ashley M. Padilla, F/27, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Padilla exhibited signs of impairment and admitted to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to driving. Padilla was also in possession of an open alcoholic beverage container. She was arrested and chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.285%. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Fleeing or Attempting to Elude Police Officer / Recklessly Endangering Another Person / Simple Assault Arrest, 2:37 p.m., Thursday, September 9, 2021, Landis Valley Road at Greenview Drive (MT) – Samoad Anyea Key, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for erratic driving. Key was identified by the officer, who noted the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle. When the officer questioned Key about the smell, Key fled from the traffic stop at a high rate of speed. While fleeing, Key opened the front passenger side door, and pushed out the occupant of the front passenger seat, causing them to fall to the ground and strike the pavement. The fall caused several injuries to the victim. Officers discontinued pursuit of Key after he committed reckless traffic offenses. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Key remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Key should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
3. Retail Theft Arrest, 6:37 p.m., Thursday, September 16, 2021, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Elizabeth D. Powell, F/62, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed stealing $153.05 worth of merchandise from the store. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Retail Theft, 3:52 p.m., Friday, September 17, 2021, 1567 Fruitville Pike – T-Mobile (MT) – An unknown black male entered the store and stole four (4) iPhone 12 cell phones on display for sale. Total loss: $3,759.96.
2. Vehicle Theft, September 16 to 17, 2021, Route 30 West at New Holland Pike (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a vehicle, which had been sitting disabled alongside the highway. Total loss: $750.00.
3. Theft From Motor Vehicle, September 17 to 18, 2021, 900 block Elm Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle, but stole no items.
4. Theft, 6:46 p.m., Monday, September 13, 2021, 100 block Baneberry Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a bicycle, which was left unattended in a residential backyard. Total loss: $500.00.
5. Theft From Motor Vehicle, September 19 to 20, 2021, Riverside Avenue (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle, but stole no items.
6. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 12:45 a.m. to 7:30 a.m., Monday, September 20, 2021, 1400 block East King Street (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a backpack, AirPods, and $30.00 in cash. Total loss: $130.00.