Daily News Release – Wednesday, June 9, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 9:00 p.m., Thursday, June 3, 2021, 1051 Landis Valley Road – Calvary Church (MT) – Jason A. Sheid, M/36, of Harrisburg, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was found lying on a sidewalk, heavily intoxicated. A citation was filed.
2. Criminal Mischief, Loitering and Prowling at Nighttime / Disorderly Conduct / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 5:04 a.m., Thursday, June 3, 2021, 900 block Salisbury Court (MT) – A 17-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after they were observed manifestly under the influence of acid. The juvenile was walking in between houses, screaming, striking vehicles, setting off car alarms, and entering vehicles. During the course of these events, the juvenile caused $700.00 in damages. The juvenile was detained and turned over to a responsible adult party. A juvenile allegation was filed with Juvenile Probation.
3. Aggravated Assault / Resisting Arrest / Sale or Transfer of Firearms Arrest, 7:29 p.m., Thursday, June 3, 2021, 2469 Lititz Pike – Gun Pantry (MT) – Jordan Aaron Boynton, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he attempted to purchase a firearm at the business. After completing paperwork, Boynton left the store, to await the results of his background check. During Boynton’s electronic background check, it was determined that he was listed as a wanted person. Officers reviewed Boynton’s application paperwork and determined he falsified the section pertaining to criminal history. Officers left the store and waited for him to return. Upon his return, officers returned to the store. As soon as officers approached the front door of the business, Boynton charged at them, ramming one (1) officer that was standing in the doorway. Officers deployed a Taser in order to subdue Boynton. Once on the ground, Boynton refused to place his hands behind his back and repeatedly pulled his arms away from police, and placed them under his body. Boynton also attempted to get up and resist all efforts to be placed in handcuffs. Three (3) officers finally gained control of Boynton, who was then arrested. He was processed and taken to Central Arraignment. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Institutional Vandalism, 12:00 to 3:30 p.m., Monday, June 7, 2021, 1201 Millersville Pike – Lancaster Township Community Park (LT) – Unknown person/s damaged four (4) new trees that were due to be planted in the park. Total loss: $780.00.
2. Vehicle Theft, 12:07 to 6:34 a.m., Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 300 block Dickens Drive (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a silver 2021 Subaru Crosstrek SUV as it sat parked overnight. The vehicle was left unlocked with the key in the cupholder. The vehicle was later recovered in Lancaster City. Total loss: $31,500.00.
3. Theft, 4:17 p.m., Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 500 block Wallingford Road (MT) – Unknown person/s stole $120 in cash from a purse.