Daily News Release – Wednesday, June 2, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Retail Theft Arrest, 2:18 p.m., Friday, May 28, 2021, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – A 14-year-old juvenile from Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after they were observed stealing $33.23 worth of merchandise from the store. A citation was filed.
2. Illegal Dumping Arrest, 11:50 a.m., Saturday, April 24, 2021, 1420 Columbia Avenue – Maple Grove Park (LT) – David G. Nelson, M/66, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed dumping a truck bed full of tree trimmings into the park. A citation was filed.
3. Retail Theft / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 7:51 p.m., Saturday, May 22, 2021, 1360 Columbia Avenue – Giant Food Store (LT) – Deborah Ann Gerlach, F/61, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after she was observed stealing $100.43 worth of merchandise from the store. Gerlach was taken into custody, and during a search incident to arrest, was found in possession of two (2) glass smoking devices. She was processed and released. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Fleeing or Attempting to Elude a Police Officer Arrest, 1:05 a.m., Tuesday, March 23, 2021, Route 30 East at New Holland Pike (MT) – Samuel L. Kindl, M/30, of Harrisburg, PA, was charged with the above offense after officers attempted to pull him over for reckless driving (weaving in and out of traffic at over 110 MPH). Kindl failed to stop for officers and drove the wrong way on a highway entrance ramp to avoid being pulled over. Officers did not pursue and Kindl left the area. He was later located after he crash in another jurisdiction, and was found to be under the influence. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Kindl remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Kindl should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
1. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 3100 block Oregon Pike (MT) – Officers performed a speed enforcement detail, stopping twenty-two (22) motorists, and issuing six (6) citations and seventeen (17) written warnings. One (1) reported stolen vehicle was also located. The highest recorded speed was 69 MPH in this 45 MPH posted zone.