Daily News Release – Thursday, April 22, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 9:48 a.m., Friday, April 9, 2021, First Street at Rider Avenue (LT) – Robert L. Burks, Jr., M/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a crash investigation. Burks, Jr. was identified as a driver in that crash. The investigating officer smelled raw marijuana coming from the vehicle and questioned Burks, Jr. about it. He voluntarily provided marijuana to the officer. Burks, Jr. was taken into physical custody. During a search incident to arrest, the officer located a marijuana grinder on his person. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Park Hours Violation Arrests, 12:52 a.m., Thursday, April 22, 2021, 1241 Lititz Pike – Stauffer Mansion Park (MT) – Victoria Marie Machado, F/19, and Elvin Jermaine Phinizee, M/20, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offense after they were observed inside the park after hours. The park closed at 10:00 p.m. A citation was filed against each party.
3. Noise Violation Arrest, 2:22 p.m., Saturday, April 17, 2021, 1330 Wabank Road – Kensington Club Apartments (LT) – Edwin Batista-Valencia, M/25, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed playing loud music from his vehicle, which annoyed others in the area. The music was heard at a distance of over 200 yards for over 45 minutes. A citation was filed.
4. Possession of Marijuana / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 3:42 p.m., Saturday, April 17, 2021, Judie Lane at Chadwick Circle (LT) – Wilnay Bonilla-Melendez, F/19, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a traffic stop for a window tinting infraction. Officers asked Bonilla-Melendez for consent to search her vehicle, which was granted. The search yielded marijuana, a glass jar, and rolling papers. A criminal complaint was filed.
5. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 10:20 p.m., Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 200 block Derbyshire Drive (MT) – Gabriela Floribeth Machado, F/26, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after she was observed manifestly under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. Machado was partially dressed and banging on the front door of a residence where she did not belong. A citation was filed.
6. DUI Arrest, 1:32 a.m., Tuesday, April 20, 2021, Route 30 West at Oregon Pike (MT) – Daniel B. Madsen, M/37, homeless, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an inoperable brake lamp. Madsen exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. He refused chemical testing. A criminal complaint was filed.
7. Terroristic Threats / Simple Assault Arrest, 1:25 p.m., Saturday, April 17, 2021, 100 block Lincoln Street (MT) – Vanessa A. Bolden, F/20, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute at her residence. During the altercation, Bolden punched another person in the face. She then retrieved a 6-inch knife from the kitchen and raised it over her head in a threatening manner, towards the victim. Bolden stated “get out or I will kill you” while doing so. She was arrested, processed, and taken to Central Arraignment.
8. Theft By Deception Arrest, 3:59 p.m., Thursday, April 15, 2021, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Carlos Lozada, Jr., M/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he entered the store, retrieved items from the shelf, and “returned” them at the customer service counter. Lozada, Jr. obtained $140.74 from the store. When questioned, he admitted his involvement with this incident. He was arrested, processed, and released from custody. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Burglary, January 18 to April 16, 2021, 2600 block Stagecoach Lane (MT) – Unknown person/s entered a residential garage and stole power tools. The victim also reported jewelry missing from the residence. Total loss: $4,500.00.
2. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 7:00 to 11:00 a.m., Monday, December 20, 2021, 1700 block Eden Road (MT) – Officers performed a speed detail as a follow up to residents complaining of excessive speeding on the street. During this time period, eight (8) motorists were stopped, resulting in three (3) citations and three (3) written warnings being issued. The highest recorded speed was 51 MPH in this 25 MPH posted zone.