Daily News Release – Friday, April 2, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 12:38 a.m., Sunday, March 28, 2021, 300 block Abbeyville Road (LT) – Artemus R. Dawson, M/37, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed being unsteady on his feet, slurring his speech, and causing a disturbance. It was determined that Dawson was under the influence of alcoholic beverages. A citation was filed.
2. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 9:36 p.m., Saturday, March 27, 2021, 1000 block Columbia Avenue (LT) – Andrew M. Mohn, M/36, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an expired registration plate. Mohn gave officers consent to search his vehicle, which yielded a smoking device and an open alcoholic beverage container. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 1:43 a.m., Saturday, March 27, 2021, 1100 block Millersville Pike (LT) – Lydia Enid Ramos-Santiago, F/31, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense following a traffic stop for an inoperable license plate lamp. Ramos-Santiago gave officers consent to search her vehicle, which yielded a crack pipe. A criminal complaint was filed.
4. Dog Law Violation / Disorderly Conduct Arrest, 8:49 a.m., Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 200 block Koser Road (MT) – Jennifer B. Roschel, F/33, of Lititz, PA, was charged with the above offense after she failed to control her dog and it ran into the roadway. Roschel began to yell and scream, and threw cat food on another person while trying to regain control of the dog. Two (2) citations were filed.
5. DUI Arrest, 5:57 p.m., Thursday, March 4, 2021, Route 30 West at Harrisburg Pike (MT) – Chrystopher Darlington, M/33, of Strasburg, PA, was charged with the above offense following a crash investigation. Darlington was identified as a driver in that crash and exhibited signs of impairment. He consented to a blood draw and chemical analysis of the sample yielded Mitragynine and Etizolam, both controlled substances. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. Retail Theft Arrests, 1589 Fruitville Pike – Target (MT) – Neal Spencer Gibson, M/31, of New Castle, DE, and Joseph David Perez-Bard, M/33, of Nottingham, PA, were charged with two (2) counts of the above offense after they entered the store on two (2) separate occasions and conspired to steal merchandise totaling $3,193.54. Thefts occurred at 6:46 p.m., Friday, February 12, 2021 and 2:17 p.m., Tuesday, February 16, 2021. Gibson and Perez-Bard were identified after the fact. A criminal complaint was filed against each party and arrest warrants obtained. Both parties remain wanted at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of either Gibson or Perez-Bard should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
7. Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle / False Identification to Law Enforcement / Hit & Run Arrest, 9:16 a.m., Sunday, March 28, 2021, Maple Avenue at South West End Avenue (LT) – Kiara Nicole Mealing, F/22, Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a one-car crash investigation, where the driver was seen running from the scene after impact. Officers responded to the location and located Mealing walking nearby. When questioned, Mealing denied driving and provided a false name and date of birth to officers. Through the course of investigation, officers determined that Mealing was the driver and used the vehicle without permission from the owner. A criminal complaint was filed.
1. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 3100 block Oregon Pike (MT) – Officers performed a speed enforcement detail to target seatbelt usage. During this time period, twenty-five (25) motorists were stopped, resulting in ten (10) traffic citations and fifteen (15) written warnings. The highest recorded speed was 65 MPH in this 45 MPH posted zone.
2. Selective Traffic Enforcement Detail, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thursday, April 1, 2021, 1700 block Eden Road (MT) – Officers performed a speed enforcement detail to target seatbelt usage. During this time period, twenty-two (22) motorists were stopped, resulting in eleven (11) traffic citations and twelve (12) written warnings. The highest recorded speed was 62 MPH in this 25 MPH posted zone.
3. Theft, 4:42 to 6:44 p.m., Thursday, April 1, 2021, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a package that had been delivered to a residence. Total loss: $190.78.