Daily News Release - 12/19/2018
Daily News Release – Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Sergeant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Public Drunkenness Arrest, 4:01 p.m., Saturday, December 15, 2018, 1298 Millersville Pike – Burger King (LT) – Michael P. Silevinac, M/43, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offense after he was observed under the influence of the effects of “huffing” the contents of an air duster. Silevinac’s actions alarmed customers inside the restaurant. A citation was issued.
2. Retail Theft / Criminal Conspiracy to Commit Retail Theft / Theft By Deception / Criminal Conspiracy to Commit Theft By Deception Arrests, 8:55 p.m., Saturday, November 10, 2018, 2030 Fruitville Pike – Walmart (MT) – Amanda Jean Haupt, F/28, and Kristen Marie Haupt, F/22, both of Lancaster, PA, were charged with the above offenses following a shoplifting incident at the store. Amanda and Kristen entered the store, selected two (2) items from the shelf, and took them to the customer service counter. Amanda and Kristen presented these items as their own and collected $52.79 in cash from a store clerk. Both were later identified using the store’s video surveillance system. A criminal complaint was filed against both persons and arrest warrants obtained. Both Amanda Haupt and Kristen Haupt remain wanted at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of either Amanda or Kristen should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip.”
3. Retail Theft Arrests, 1204 Millersville Pike – Weis Markets (LT) – Jose D. Valentin-Medina, M/41, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with multiple counts of the above offense following several acts of shoplifting at the store.
- At 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 4, 2018, Valentin-Medina entered the store and stole $67.95 worth of items.
- At 12:54 p.m., Thursday, December 6, 2018, Valentin-Medina entered the store and stole $81.73 worth of items.
- At 3:48 p.m., Friday, December 7, 2018, Valentin-Medina entered the store and stole $89.94 worth of items.
- At 1:11 p.m., Sunday, December 9, 2018, Valentin-Medina entered the store and stole $86.93 worth of items.
Once identified, officers filed four (4) citations.
5. DUI / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 3:17 p.m., Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 1800 block Fruitville Pike (MT) – Barbara Anne Teter, F/53, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a report of suspicious activity. Officers were dispatched for a report of a female sleeping in the backseat of a vehicle. Prior to police arrival, the female exited the backseat and drove away. Officers located the vehicle, observed an expired registration plate, and initiated a traffic stop. Teter exhibited signs of impairment and was arrested. Chemical testing yielded a BAC of 0.212%. A criminal complaint was filed.
6. DUI / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia Arrest, 11:43 a.m., Wednesday, November 21, 2018, 1800 block Fruitville Pike (MT) – Daryl Joseph Basarab, M/33, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a complaint of a man unconscious behind the wheel of a running vehicle. Officers located Basarab passed out inside a running vehicle. Basarab exhibited signs of impairment and was taken into physical custody. During a search incident to arrest, officers located three (3) glassine baggies. Chemical testing yielded the presence of Acetyl Fentanyl in Basarab’s blood sample. A criminal complaint was filed.
CRIMES & INCIDENTS
1. Theft, December 17-18, 2018, 2800 block Lititz Pike (MT) – Unknown person/s opened a letter and stole $50.00 that was housed inside the letter.
2. Theft, 11:36 a.m. to 1:11 p.m., Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 600 block Wyncroft Lane (LT) – Unknown person/s stole a package delivered to a residential porch. Total loss: $32.99.
3. Theft By Deception, 2:42 p.m., Friday, December 14, 2018, 300 block Fern Lane (MT) – An unknown male contacted the victim and stated they had won a $3.5M prize. The victim was instructed to transfer $18,645.13 in funds using a Walmart to Walmart wire transfer. The victim transferred the funds and the scam was then discovered by the victim. Investigation continues.
4. Theft From Motor Vehicle, 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Tuesday, December 18, 2018, 1216 Millersville Pike – Fulton Bank (LT) – Unknown person/s entered an unlocked vehicle and stole a wallet from the glove compartment. Credit cards in the wallet were later used to make fraudulent purchases. Total loss: $726.88. Investigation continues.