Daily News Release – Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Lieutenant Michael Piacentino, Public Information Officer
Office: (717) 569-6401 Ext. 1583
Cell: (717) 340-2130
1. Possession of Heroin / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia / Obstructing a Highway Arrest, 4:03 p.m., Tuesday, September 28, 2021, Manheim Pike at Granite Run Drive (MT) – Nicholas Franklin McMinn, M/27, of Manheim, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he was observed unconscious behind the wheel of a running vehicle. McMinn’s vehicle was stopped in the middle of the street, and caused traffic behind it to back up. Officers observed an uncapped hypodermic needle inside McMinn’s vehicle and requested consent to search the vehicle, which was granted. The search yielded heroin, glassine baggies, and the needle. A criminal complaint was filed.
2. Terroristic Threats / Disorderly Conduct / Public Drunkenness Arrest, 7:27 p.m., Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 1234 Millersville Pike – Manor Shopping Center (LT) – Virgil Reid Bennett, M/39, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses after he was observed causing a disturbance on a Red Rose Transit bus. Bennett was heavily intoxicated and yelling obscenities at the bus driver. His actions cause others to become alarmed and call 9-1-1. Officers discovered Bennett had a warrant out for his arrest and took him into custody. While being transported to the Lancaster County Prison, Bennett made verbal threats to the arresting officers. A criminal complaint was filed.
3. Burglary / Terroristic Threats / Simple Assault Arrest, 2:10 p.m., Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 300 block East Roseville Road (MT) – Jayshawn Diaz-Morant, M/23, of Lancaster, PA, was charged with the above offenses following a domestic dispute. During the altercation, Diaz-Morant ran into the victim’s home, unannounced and uninvited, and punched them in the face and torso, using boxing gloves. He also threatened to return to the house and kill people inside the home. Diaz-Morant then fled the area. A criminal complaint was filed and an arrest warrant obtained. Diaz-Morant remains a wanted person at this time. Any person knowing the whereabouts of Diaz-Morant should call the Manheim Township Police Department at 717-569-6401 or provide information anonymously by clicking “Submit a Tip” below.
1. Vehicle Theft, October 4 to 5, 2021, 1000 block Fondersmith Drive (MT) – Unknown person/s stole a tool trailer that was parked overnight. Total loss: $18,500.00 for the trailer and the tools inside. The trailer was later located in the 2800 block of Butter Road.
2. Retail Theft, 1:13 p.m., Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 1278 Millersville Pike – CVS Pharmacy (LT) – Two (2) unknown females entered the store, and stole $273.83 worth of candles and other merchandise.