Now accepting applications for our next police officer test on 4/29/2023
Full-Time Police Officers – Manheim Township Police Department, Lancaster County, PA
The Manheim Township Police Department is hiring full-time police officers. Multiple vacancies!
Manheim Township is a First-Class Township located in Lancaster County, PA. Manheim Township has a population of 43,988 residents covering 23.8 square miles and is an open, vibrant, and progressive community working within the bounds of available resources while providing an exceptional quality of life for its community. We also provide contract police services to Lancaster Township, adding an additional 6 square miles and approximately 20,000 residents to our span of coverage.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements to Apply:
- 21 years old by April 29, 2023
- High School Graduate or GED
- U.S. Citizen
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a Police Officer
The Manheim Township Police Department is a modern, innovative, well-equipped, PLEAC accredited police department. We are the 2nd largest department in Lancaster County with 65 sworn officers and a $12 million operating budget. Officers enjoy a supportive community, 12-hour scheduling, tuition reimbursement, an excellent benefits package, and plentiful career development opportunities.
Available benefits include:
- Every other weekend off
- Only work 7 days every two weeks
- Post-retirement health care
- 50% tuition reimbursement
- Education bonus
- Full pension after 25 years of service and age 55
- 80 hours vacation after 1 year
- 13 Bonus days (in lieu of holidays)
- 104 hours of sick time per calendar year
- Disability insurance provided
- Life insurance provided - $200k after 1 year
Salary and Benefit Highlights
- Salary while in the academy if uncertified: $55,903.38.
- Start certified with no experience: $59,373.76.
- Start with 4 years of full-time experience as a certified police officer: $66,453.63.
- Top patrol officer pay in 2023 (6 yrs service): $98,949.55
- Top patrol officer pay in 2025: $104,975.58
- FREE health/vision/dental insurance with $2800 employer contribution to HSA.
Opportunities for officer specialization include:
- Bike Patrol
- Drone Pilot
- K-9 Unit
- Crash Reconstruction
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection (MCSAP)
- Special Emergency Response Team (SERT)
- Hostage Negotiator
- Forensic Crime Scene and Evidence Processing
- Multiple School Resource Officers
- Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Participation in regional cooperative teams
- Supervision includes 8 Corporals, 7 Sergeants, and 3 Lieutenants
- 7 Criminal Investigators
- Community Outreach
- Crisis Intervention Team
- Drug-Recognition Expert
- Field Training Officer (FTO) with a $2/hr increase while training
For more information on starting a career with the Manheim Township Police Department, call 717-569-6401 or email Recruiting@manheimtownshippolice.org.
APPLY- Download the 2-page application below, or contact us. Qualified applicants will be invited to submit a thorough online application.
Deadline to apply: Preliminary application and $30 non-refundable fee are due by 4:00 pm on April 21, 2023. Physical fitness exam will take place on the Manheim Township High School athletic track, 115 Blue Streak Blvd Lancaster, PA 17601, beginning at 8:00am on April 29, 2023 with the written exam immediately following.