Snow Emergency Routes Established
SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES ESTABLISHED:
At the September 2017 Lititz Borough Council meeting, Council passed a Snow Emergency Procedure and Route ordinance.
Whenever a snow emergency is declared, the snow emergency routes will go into effect. Upon going into effect, residents must remove their parked vehicles from the routes within 4 hours of the declaration going into effect. The parking restrictions will remain in effect until the snow emergency has been lifted.
The following roadways have been posted as a snow emergency route and will be affected by a declaration:
- Entire distance of North Broad Street (SR0501)
- Entire distance of South Broad Street (SR0501)
- Entire distance of East Main Street (SR0772)
- Entire distance of West Orange Street (SR0772)
- Entire distance of North Water Street (SR1035)
- Entire distance of East Orange Street
- Entire distance of West Lemon Street
- Entire distance of East Second Avenue
- Entire distance of South Oak Street
- West Second Avenue (between West Orange Street and West Lemon Street)
- East Front Street (between North Broad Street and North Water Street)
- North Lane (between North Water Street and Warwick Ambulance parking lot).
The following parking lots will be made available to residents to park during a snow emergency declaration:
- Warwick Community Ambulance Association, 151 North Lane.
- St. Paul’s Church, 200 West Orange Street.
- Lititz Church of the Brethren, 300 West Orange Street.
- Pierson Playground, South Cedar Street.
- St. Luke’s Church, 222 North Broad Street.
In event of a snow emergency declaration, the LBPD will communicate said declaration via this website to provide notification.
- Letter to affected residents.
- Snow emergency routes map.