How do I report a crime in progress?

To report a crime in progress call 9-1-1.  It is much easier to investigate a crime when it is happening or shortly after then hours or days later.  Many citizens do not call the Police when a crime is happening because they are afraid of bothering the Police.  Calls for crime in progress are never a bother to the Police.