Lititz Borough - The LBPD would like to warn residents about recent scams involving callers who identified themselves as Officers from the Lititz Borough Police Department. The scammer appears to be using the following phone numbers;
(717)474-2259 and (717)4742029
Scammers have also been known to spoof legitimate LBPD phone numbers as residents reported their caller-ID showing the calls were coming from the Lititz Borough Police.
The LBPD has received several reports involving a caller identifying themselves as members of the LBPD. The caller then asks for money in the form of donations to the Police Department. We are not aware of anyone who has fallen victim to this scam and we encourage residents to report these incidents to their local police department.
The LBPD would like to provide residents with the following facts and tip;
- The LBPD does not solicit for donations over the phone
- The LBPD will not ask you for payments over the phone
- The LBPD will not ask you for money for a criminal matter
- If someone asks for a payment in the form of a gift card you should be suspicious, it is almost always a scam.
- For more tips on how to avoid being the victim of a phone scam, please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0076-phone-scams