On February 15, 2017 at 1:54 a.m. emergency services from the Ephrata area responded to 25 Cloister Ave, Ephrata Borough, for an apartment building fire. Residents from the 12 unit building were evacuated to the Ephrata Ambulance building by firefighters and police. The fire was contained to one unit. The resident of that unit was displaced and is being assisted by the Red Cross. All other residences were allowed to return to their apartments after the fire was extinguished.
Officials from the Ephrata Pioneer Fire Company and the Ephrata Police Department investigated the fire. The fire was accidental in nature and caused by careless burning of candles.