FIreworks Law Reminder
Just a reminder that fireworks cannot be set off on any borough property including borough owned streets, sidewalks and parks. Fireworks have been the cause of structure fires in Columbia Borough in the past.
- They cannot be ignited or discharged on a public or private property without express permission of the property owner.
- They cannot be discharged from or within a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged toward a motor vehicle or building.
- They cannot be discharged within 150 feet of an occupied structure, whether or not a person is actually present.
- They cannot be discharged while the person is under the influence of alcohol, a controlled substance, or another drug.
For more information please visit the Pennsylvania State Police website at
You can also visit the Columbia Borough ordinance regarding fireworks at
Please have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.